• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Started noticing some lines on prints

GRIMREAPER

Any suggestions on how to get rid of these? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-3697431994.jpg
    image-3697431994.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 135

GRIMREAPER

Cap tops are new as are the wipers and dampers which I just replaced but that didn't fix the issue. How do perform a head soak?

splizaat

Yikes...those heads are in bad condition. How did you not notice it any sooner?? I notice when we've got just one or two lines deflecting.

heyskull

GRIMREAPER
How long have you had this machine?
As your questions:-
"How do I perform a nozzle check?" and "How do perform a head soak?"
Should be a fairly routine procedure!
Seems a bit strange you can replace cap tops, wipers and dampers but can't do a nozzle check or head soak.

The big problem is if this has very recently happened it may be repairable at least to a point where the print is acceptable.
But if this has been going on a while no matter how long you soak the head or run clean cycles you will never get the lost nozzles back as they will be blocked.

Head soak is easy:-
Place a lint free cloth into the docking station and soak with cleaning fluid, move head back onto docking station, leave for half an hour, remove lint cloth and run a few clean cycles then try a test print. Repeat until you cannot retrieve any more heads.

Sorry for being a bit negative earlier but head soaking and test prints are common practice on any solvent printer.

Hope that helps
SC

GRIMREAPER

Yeah sorry this printer is somewhat new to me as i was using a vinyl cutter mostly. I was able to change the caps, wipers and dampers as per a suggestion by a buddy of mine who has a similar machine at his shop. It would not print before the replacements. Thanks a lot for the suggestions I will try that out ASAP. I'm not too familiar with some terms such as " nozzle check" had to google it. Forgive my ignorance.

splizaat

You may want to do a couple "medium" cleans too....do NOT use power clean. Head soak might be your only chance at saving that one though...

GRIMREAPER

Well did the head soak and a couple of medium cleans and wow what a difference in prints. Here's test sheet after head soak. Thanks a lot for the help.

Attachments

• image-3314659579.jpg
    image-3314659579.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 143

splizaat

WOW...your black head is deflecting pretty bad...but those look much better. I'd try printng a bunch on it and see if the test print clears the black head up at all in a few days...if it doesn't it might be getting close to needing replacing.

sfr table hockey

If you recovered that much with one soak I would do it again some time soon and see if it gets any better.

Not so much missing in the black but more deflection there. You might notice that more on some fine text where you don't get crisp lines but bigger stuff you may be ok.

J

john1

Wow what a difference in those test prints. That's crazy how a head soak can help that much.

I'd do another to see if you can further improve, How is it printing now BTW?

splizaat

Wow what a difference in those test prints. That's crazy how a head soak can help that much.

LOL i'd hope it looks like ferrari compared to a geo metro now

GRIMREAPER

Printing improved quite a bit. Blacks are more solid and other colors seem brighter. Going to do another head soak in the morning and hopefully see some more improvement.

J

john1

Good to hear! I'm a Roland owner and love the machines.

This is kinda off topic but i fine tuned in my blacks from what they were using 40/40/40/100 color combos. Anything else was banded, looked real grainy and or greyish. Even 100/100/100/100.

You said blacks were more solid and i just got done doing this a few days ago to my blacks after getting new material (oracal 3165ra)

GRIMREAPER

Yeah banding is still a bit evident with blacks. You said you tuned your blacks? What worked for you to decrease the banding.