• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Starting vinyl cutting ... Buggered if I know

Hermit

Hi. I got my brand new Creation P-Cut CR630 vinyl cutter yesterday. The instructions with it are crap, obviously written by someone whose grasp on English is tenuous, to say the least.

I am using FlexiStarter 8.5 with it.

I simply have not been able to make a proper cut. The knife either doesn't touch the vinyl, or goes right through it, tearing holes. I've fiddled for hours trying different settings, but no good.

Could anyone be nice enough to give me an outline of how to put the knife in and set it right to get the correct cutting depth? I would be most appreciative for your help.

Thanks muchly. :Australia

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

Never heard of that plotter.
We use Summa and Gerber plotters.

Border

unfortunately, it sounds like another case of r.o.r. :doh:

a Google search on your cutter and model number will surely turn up links of similar issues and may be the most help.

Tim Aucoin

Welcome from Calgary, Alberta!
You may be able to get support at the website of the Chinese company that makes these:
http://www.pcut-cn.com/
or, there is a US distributor who may be able to help you out:
http://www.uscutter.com/

Just a couple things I found using a Google search for tech support for your cutter. Hope it gets better for you.

DOGraphics

:Welcome: 2 :signs101:

Where did you purchase the cutter?

Do they have any support?
Can you adjust the depth of the blade?
Good luck and don't let the
folks giving you a "hard time"get
you down. Keep on keeping on

:beer

Bigdawg

Just Me
Not sure you'll find the support you are looking for here... that's not a commonly used cutter for most sign shops, but T3's link to the US Distributor is probably the most helpful bit of advice I could give you too.

And please just ignore the rude ones who think they are funny...

Tim Aucoin

I would honestly try and get some support from the US distributor if they will help you. Here's an excerpt from the Chinese manufacturers support pages... I think they will only frustrate your situation more....

6.11 Question: Why the machines have missed some pave of letter when cutting

Answer : 1. Check the machine if it presses enough 。

2. Reinstall the software 。

3. Chook the head of the knife 。

4. If the problem is still in existence, please contact with repair center 。

Call me crazy, but what does it mean to "Chook the head of the knife"??

When you look up "chook" in the Urban dictionary...

1. chook
Aussie slang for "chicken." Also, "chookie."

2. chook
An Aussie slang word for chicken that's commonly used as a 'nice insult,' especially when somebody has done or said something really obviously retarded that's only worth laughing about. Similar to that of a 'dag.'

So, basically what they are saying is to insult the head of the knife? I'm guessing you've tried that and it didn't work! :ROFLMAO:

But seriously... on another board, a person with this same cutter was referred to someone named Ken at uscutter.com. I would suggest starting there.

Billct2

Or maybe "chuck" as in chuck the plotter before you have a nervous breakdown trying to get it to work.
But seriously...where did you buy it? Can you call and get some assistance there? Or can they give you the contact for support or someone who is using the same plotter?
Other than that a google search to find someone with experience with the plotter is your best bet.

CES020

Prior to stepping into the light, I was on the dark side with a chinese plotter from US Cutter. It did a decent job, but it was slow and a little unpredictable at times.

US Cutter is the company in the US and Ken was the tech support guy. They aren't the speediest people to get answers from, but if you can find a real phone number and get to him, he'll try and help you out. They are in Washington State, so figure the time of day accordingly.

Give them a call and see if they can get you sorted out.

After you do get it running and make a little money with it, look to upgrade to a brand name. You won't be sorry. It's the difference between night and day, it really is.

Good luck with you issues and getting them resolved.

hinddee29

I have a Pcut. Bought it 3 years ago for use for stencil making for etching and airbrushing. This (mine) is very good no problems at all with it.
People make fun of ya. Might not have support, but it cuts just fine. The only difference I can tell from mine and a rolland it mine a little louder.

You can figure out out how the knife holder sits in the plotter? Far as the knife you want it stick out of the holder just barely. About the thickness of the material your cutting.
Pressure I use or is set at most of the time is set at 88. New blade may want to start at 80 - 85. Then after awhile you may have to adjust.

Speed if I'm cutting anything under .5 I set it at 20
anything bigger 30 to 40.

To test turn on power, wonce its up and running push online button to do off line. Put your vinyl in and push the pause button twice I believe. and it will cut a test pieces and you can check to see if you blad is right. It will take a few time to get it right. send me a pm if you need more help.

chitoon

i have a pnc 1000

and the Blade,some times just cuts across the materail. When it starts? I have no Idea what to do? Worked finE one day ,the next day i had problems....Jim:wavingflag: