• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

State Park "Trail Signs".....RESIN FACE.

skyhigh

I'm looking for any feedback on the type of signs you may encounter in state parks....national forest trails...ect.

These are generally a box metal frame, and the face (graphics) embedded in a resin type material. From what I understand, its pretty much scratch proof, paint doesn't stick, and should the face get cloudy, you can spray with an acid base solution to make it crystal clear again.

Anyone have any experience with this type of material? Any alternate methods? Any recommendations for a wholesaler to this type of sign?

:thankyou:

PS. I remember a thread on this a while ago, but can't seem to locate it doing a search. I remember Rick had some input on this type of application (if you read this by chance Rick)

skyhigh

some examples I forgot to attach.

Attachments

• resin2.jpg
    resin2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 53
  • resin.jpg
    resin.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 75

skyhigh

thanks Bill and JR.

From what I can tell, there are some companies that "Heat Press" layers together, while others use a "poured" resin.

I've also found different types of "resin" that I could try myself (if I were a little more ambitious, and got some pointers from someone that has done it before)

Iv used Envirotex Lite quite frequently for domed decals, 100% bar top coverage, sign coverage for a more durable finish both interior and exterior. Haven't had any failures or issues in the harshest of environments.

Level your application surface, Mix, Poor, Spray lightly with iso or lightly torch to remove small bubbles, let cure overnight, done.

Self leveling. Can be brushed thin or pored for thicker coat, iv gone up to just over a half inch, and as thin as a 16th

I have noticed there is a slight yellowing over time but nothing enough to worry about.

I get it from my local true value hardware store.

Can also add color with oil based paints.

PM me if you have any questions.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 53