• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static Cling and headstrike

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Roland Versacamm with Versaworks. Roland 7mm static cling material.

I unwound the material to let it settle - but am still getting headstrike every few inches. I think I have the profile and settings dialed in (did some smaller test prints and they came out great).

Now I go to the job in actual size and am ruining them due to headstrikes. Is there a magic heat setting I should be using with this media? Kinda out of ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Attached is an image where I circled the head strike spots - pretty linear so I feel it has something to do with being bound to the roll.

I increased the Vacuum power to strong and same result.

Attachments

• rink.jpg
    rink.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 230

rjssigns

Did you raise the head? On my SP540V I run the heat at 38 and 39 respectively. In fact I use that setting for everything. YMMV

asd

you need to set your vacuum suction to max in order to keep the material down.

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
I was at 40 and 40 for heat. I will change to 38 and 39.

I do not believe I can change the Head Height on my printer as I have a sp300v.

Secondly - how to I get MAX Vacuum - when I am in Versaworks > Printer Controls > Other Controls:

Printer Head Height the only options are: Normal
Vacuum the only options are: Normal or Strong.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ron Lueth

I was at 40 and 40 for heat. I will change to 38 and 39.

I do not believe I can change the Head Height on my printer as I have a sp300v.

Secondly - how to I get MAX Vacuum - when I am in Versaworks > Printer Controls > Other Controls:

Printer Head Height the only options are: Normal
Vacuum the only options are: Normal or Strong.

Thanks!
On my SP300v the setting directly on the printer panel <not software controlled with VW) allows the vac setting of Auto, or 10-100% You have to make sure that VW is not controlling the settings for those changes to work.