• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static cling on epson gs6000

CalamityJay

has anyone had any luck printing on static cling material (general formulations) without head strikes?

I am only able to not have head strikes if i dont use the side roll guides.

:wavingflag:

parrott

We have printed rolls of General Formulations static cling through our Epson. We use the 1440x1440 profile and no side roll guides. Static cling is an awful material to work with, but it does work with the Epson.

Matt-Tastic

flip your head to high, lower your temps, and run high passes. low heat over time is the key to not getting head strikes. It's also the rule to good BBQ :)

CalamityJay

I have used the print head on high but it did not give me a clear print with fine type. i actually got info on the general formulations website about the epson gs6000 icc profiule through a different rip (onyx, i use production manager) and they have the heat turned way up!! 45.45.50. They didnt mention anything about the guides, but when they were turned off, it worked perfectly. I did a double pass for more opacity. Seemed to help a little... 720x720 resolution.

Print quality problems!

I have used the print head on high but it did not give me a clear print with fine type. i actually got info on the general formulations website about the epson gs6000 icc profiule through a different rip (onyx, i use production manager) and they have the heat turned way up!! 45.45.50. They didnt mention anything about the guides, but when they were turned off, it worked perfectly. I did a double pass for more opacity. Seemed to help a little... 720x720 resolution.

CalamityJay - Have you been able to get clear prints on the static cling material on the GS6000? I'm trying to print on Brightline Static Cling from Grimco (which I'm pretty sure is just general formulations rebranded by Grimco) and I get poor quality prints. I've tried making my own ICC profiles at higher resolution but the ink just seems to bleed out ad leave rough edges. I've also tried setting the material up on our other Epson Solvent printers (Sure Color S70670s) and had similar problems.

Thanks!

DSGI