• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Static/overspray

stealey

Im printing on a Durst omega 2 and every now and again the static is causing massive overspray on Foamex panels, is there any products available for a quick fix, I've heard of the static wire/sprays etc but i wasn't sure which was best to look at.

cheers

klmiller611

Im printing on a Durst omega 2 and every now and again the static is causing massive overspray on Foamex panels, is there any products available for a quick fix, I've heard of the static wire/sprays etc but i wasn't sure which was best to look at.

cheers

Search the forums for static will turn up a number of discussions on it. I have the issues in low humidity times in the winter, got a large are humidifier and run it tends to help. My problems are with coro and plastic based stuff. The other fix that I use is go to your local hardware store and find a spray can of something called "Shock Free", the label looks like it was something out of the 1970s. I spray down the side of a clean cloth, then fold it inside so that the sprayed side is not touching the media, then lightly wipe down the boards before I run them. My Agfa inks are so sensitive to anything on coro, fingerprints, etc, wiping with alcohol anything like that shows in light color areas of print. The Shock Free on the back of the towel seems to not mark the surface.

I'm sure if you search, you can find a bunch more ideas.
Ken