• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steampunk Sign Examples Please

player

Has anyone made or designed a steampunk themed sign or can show me an example? I am working on a project for a 4' x 30' and a double sided 4' x 5'. I am looking at a combination of printed images (background) and CNC cutouts. Something that looks good, but not too crazy to make. 2.5D as opposed to 3D.

I have seen the Diez one with the girl in it.

Any ideas or designs or finished sign examples to get my creative juices flowing would be appreciated.

PS: What is the brand of that paint that looks like metal?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

papabud

Lone Wolf
if you really want to do a over the top steam punk themed sign. build a frame out of old pipes and pressure gauges. build it into the design to add it to the sign. keep in mind with steam punk it was steam powered technology so any way you can work physical items into the sign will add to the theme.

Johnny Best

Lots of gears, machinery and old time fonts with flourishes. I think signmaniac had some pics on here with steampunk stuff he did for his mancave project.

Johnny Best

They even have a sign for that!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 10.11.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 10.11.41 AM.png
    965.2 KB · Views: 304

player

I have noticed the Getty Images are really expensive. I do have a subscription to GraphicStock but they don't seem to have much I find useful. Any other image outlets that are not $600 an image?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I don't know how creative or skilled you are, or what the budget is, but if you have any of those challenges, I would start out with Golden Studios ornaments and Letterhead Fonts...

Letterhead Fonts / Artists / Mike Jackson
Letterhead Fonts / Handcrafted Letters For The Professional Artist

Then use color, texture and other elements to STEAMPUNK" up your layout.

---------------

If you can draw, ink and vectorize, this cat is inspirational... since it's in the steampunk era, just add steampunk elements to your sketches...

Mateusz Witczak Designs (@mateuszwitczakdesigns) • Instagram photos and videos

TammieH

Maybe someone will remember the Sign Person that did his man cave in a Steampunk motif? He posted many many photos, gobs! Very nice stuff too!