• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steel City Sign (Gold Leaf)

RogueRoller

Then I got real Dangerous and bought a welder and some metal bender. Then I had acquired a entire metal shop. From mills, lathes, Plasma cutters, Welders, Forklifts, Brakes that could do 20 Feet, Shears from 50" -12 Feet. I had no clue what or how they worked but I was determined to put them to work in my Sign Shop. I mastered every too that year and put all of them to work.

Here is the First Sign I did in steel. the lettering was Gold leafed along with the ball tops. The tree was Copper leafed. the sign itself was powder coated. The box in the center has LED lighting for back light at night. Just thought I would show what one can do if they just step outside their comfort zone. I took no training to learn this. I forced myself to learn it. OK feed back welcome. Thank you Charlie. Glad to answer any questions.

Attachments

• city1.jpg
    city1.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 116
  • cityt2.jpg
    cityt2.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 109
  • city3.jpg
    city3.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 99

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
That is a nice sign... I admire the huevos it takes to venture into working with other types of materials.

Tigertron

Nice work. Very impressive.

I'm self taught in everything but one area I am not a good teacher is welding. I have friends who say they will teach me but I havent been motivated.

You do all the work or do you have help?

RogueRoller

Nice work. Very impressive.

I'm self taught in everything but one area I am not a good teacher is welding. I have friends who say they will teach me but I havent been motivated.

You do all the work or do you have help?

I do all my own work. This way I get to say that is one of my Signs not a sign I supplied someone. Makes me proud when I visit in a town or a city I have never been in and see one of my works of art. (sign)

SD&F

That is nice work and I feel the same when I see our work. You and only you know what it takes to make something look that good. Having pride is important in the sign business.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is so true, however, with our amount of work passing through our doors and some of the time-lines connected, I can't be physically connected with all of them anymore.

Like you said though, I can go to local ball games baseball and football, hockey and other outdoor events and almost always say.... see that.... WE did that. See that truck over there....WE did that.

Heck, just the other week, my neighbor's great grand daughter came to visit. We went to a local restaurant which everyone likes and her boyfriend asked.... did you really do all these signs ?? Yep...........

It's very rewarding to see your work decorating the entire town. Something you can see and say... we did that.

I guess a school teacher would be the next best thing.... seeing all of your students years later amounting to something and some not, but your handiwork is all over it nonetheless.

SignManiac

I'm constantly being asked if I did so and so's sign in our small town. I answer yes and they almost always say, I knew that had to be your work! It stands out in a sea of visual pollution that is slowly making all of mankinds eye bleed. Blindness will be our only salvation.