• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stencil Material for Plotter

Lifesignz

Hey guys,
I've been looking for a fair bit now and haven't found a product that works well for me - and that I can get in Canada.
I'm looking for a material I can cut on my Mimaki CG-130SRll that can be used as a reusable stencil. A thin, plastic type material that would be sturdy enough for several hundred uses, but will cut on the plotter.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

petepaz

don't know about 100 uses but we use a 10mil pvc on our rolands. it only scores the material and then we have to pop out the letters. not the greatest but we don't really have to do it that much. we have one customer who gets their company name and they use it to mark their tools.

Lifesignz

don't know about 100 uses but we use a 10mil pvc on our rolands. it only scores the material and then we have to pop out the letters. not the greatest but we don't really have to do it that much. we have one customer who gets their company name and they use it to mark their tools.

Thanks petepaz. I have had similar success with a thin styrene. only thing is the letters tend to crack when punching out. Thanks though! I am hoping there is a product out there made for this - might be wishful thinking though:/