• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sticker basics?

Splattgraphics

I'm a relative newbie running a Roland XC 540. I have some requests coming in for stickers, and hope some of you might share your basic approach to high quality small sticker printing. Things like your favorite substrate, overlams-- if applicable, (preferably not, right?) machine settings, and artwork parameters. I've seen some really nice tight printing on small stickers, but I'm not sure how to achieve that cleanliness...

AF

Print some text in different sizes and colors to show your customer what happens when they try to get 1/16" letters in CMY and view from 1 foot away.

Select 'paper' in versaworks and highest pass number, use low printhead speed and UNI-directional printing. As for the artwork try not to mix CMYK too much (if you have 90% C + 11% M + 70% Y + 4% K try to modify it to 90+0+70+0 ) especially on text. Sometimes I also like to use higher print temp.. Good luck.