• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

still another signlab 8 issue

gabagoo

I have found when importing the odd eps file that has come from illy, that sometimes some letters are not viewing properly. So for instance the letter "B" will have one of the inside shapes the same colour as the letter. In wire frame I can see the shape is there. The text is compounded so sometimes i think there may be a duplicate shape over it and there never is.
At this point I uncompound and recompound and it still views wrong.
I have never experienced that with any software before.
It does not happen all the time but it happens more often than not so I wonder if it is the software having issues or have they changed the way a compound works?

gabagoo

I found with the letters in this file that the shapes are not closed, or Signlab seems to think they arent. Even when I close the shape and make path it still views wrong. That really sucks

d fleming

Sometimes when I have to import things from illy that is what I have to do to get the path to appear correct. Sometimes I'll even import to corel and then throw it on the clipboard and bring it over. Doesn't happen too often and only on files originated in illy. Don't know why, if all else fails, open in illy, id font and retype in signlab.