• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted still looking for a Flexi Sign 8.6 legal copy for a Mac

artsnletters

you may laugh but i have legal copies of FlexiSign in both 5.5 and 7.7v2 I was looking to get a new plotter but the problem is finding a mac version and one that has the proper drivers for the plotter. The 5.5 version runs on an ancient PowerMac G3 thats gotta be 20 years old! The 7.7 version runs on a newer but still old PowerMac G5 running OSX. I have a demo version of Flexi 8.6 v2 running on the OSX Mac and it has the drivers that will work. Flexi/Amiable discontinued ALL support for older versions and don't offer ANYTHING for Mac at all. Everything now is PC and Cloud based. I suppose i could either get a PC or partition a hard drive on the G5 and run Parallels or Boot Camp THEN run a Flexi version that would run on that. Finding ANY flexi for a mac is next to impossible.
Tim

FrankW

You can use a Flexi for Windows too. The licences are not OS-based. If you have a dongle for ANY Flexi 8.5/Flexi 8.6, in addition to the licence code you need a download of the Flexi Mac install files only. As far as I remember, Flexi 8.5v2 Build 1655 is the latest build. If you need a download, just ask, I have the install package of 8.5v2 Build 1655 available.

Because Flexi uses new dongles with version 8 or later, nowadays there is no chance to upgrade older versions. And, be aware of that Flexi Mac runs up to Mac OS X 10.7 only. Some installations were successful on Mac OS X 10.8 too, but some modules of the software are failing.

Simon Peach

I know this is an old thread but wanted to share my findings.

Installing the 8.5v2 build on the later versions OSX fails quite late on the install. - Whilst you wont be able to open the flexi files, you can certainly preview them using the space bar. - I have found this helpful as the office runs the latest version of osx keeping one system running 10.8 & Flexi

We use the v2 build on 10.8 with very few issues. - I found it interesting the official line from Flexi was because Apple had dropped PowerPc support which was on 10.6, but this still managed to be installed on 10.8 which were some 4 years later. - (Remember that when they would release stable OSX every few years as opposed to one unstable version annually?)

I still maintain a version of Apples (abandoned) Rosetta software would hold value to many.

Last edited: