• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stops (pauses) printing

greglauter

Hi everyone. I'm in a bit of a pickle. First the hardware/software/setup I have.

1. I have a Power Mac for all of my graphic needs
2. I drop the artwork on a hard drive hooked up to my extreme airport
3. I just purchased a brand new HP Pavilion Slimline (1GB Ram) w/ Windows Vista designated for Flexi 8.5 only, just a print server (no other applications).
4. In Flexi 8.5, I then rip/print a job to either plot on my Graphtec FC7000-MK2 or print on my Mutoh 1204 ValueJet.
5. Here's the problem!

When I send a job through Flexi it RIP's right away. Then it starts printing, when it hits about 15% printing my Mutoh actually starts doing the job. It seems to be working fine.. goes through to 100% printing on the Flexi ....until about 3/4 of the way through a print job and it stops! The Mutoh still says printing (but nothing is happening), but the Flexi says it is complete??? I am using a CAT5 Crossover cable and I manually typed in the TCP/IP info as stated on another post. Could it be a low RAM issue (1 GB installed)?

Please heeeeelllpp :thumb:

Thanks Greg

Techman

not sure about flexi.
However, when it starts running there will be a delay before it starts printing. Flexi will show done before the job is completed on the printer.
IF it quits. Then I would look for a buffer setting, or look to see if a delete when complete is checked somewhere.

This is just a guess because haven observed flexi running in a long time.

gvgraphics

When flexi sends the job it sends it to the printer or cutters buffer. Once flexi says 100% it has sent the entire job and the printer or cutter should have stored that info in its buffer. If it is not, I would be looking more into a hardware issue than software. Possible causes are the cables, IP, Printer and so on. I would highly doubt, if at all, it is Flexi or your systems memory. From what you have described the system/Flexi are completing their part of the task.

ChicagoGraphics

It might be a Flexi problem.
When I use to print using a Roland cj-500 it use to print 3/4 through then stop. The tech I used at the time told me to use the colour choice software that came with the printer. Once I did that all my prints printed 100% of the time. Maybe if you use the software that came with your Mutoh.