• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storage Spaces in Windows 8

signswi

More or less what has been in Windows Server for a while combined with Windows Home Server but that UI is way too complicated for any consumers to use it. No one even uses Libraries now and that's the same sort of abstraction metaphor and Home Server barely sold any units even though it's rather nice.

If OEMs ship with this stuff preconfigured it'll be used otherwise, not so much.

choucove

I agree, I think the concept of being able to do "simple" redundant storage using non-identical drives is pretty neat, but is it something that most Windows users are going to mess with? I don't believe so. Especially since Windows 8 has been focused much more on the light and mobile systems that are taking off, I find it hard to think that something this complex will be used for much besides the select performance users.

I think storage spaces falls into the same category as Hyper-V for Windows 8: A neat inclusion but one that will see very limited usage in the market.