• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Store front windows: To GF or not to GF, this is the question...

OADesign

Hello All,

So I have a store front window job to do with Perforated Film (Still sorting out which media to use here).
But I'm also questioning myself on which lam to use. Normally, for everything we print on perforated media, we use 290GF. Easy. Done.

But this particular install is on the second story on a atrium sort of thing. Is the GF variant REALLY needed here?
Again, this is on the second story of an atrium style lobby. No one will ever be anywhere near the height needed to see out of it. And light passes through the non "GF" variant just fine. So can I just go with the regular 290? Would there be any issues that I'm not considering? Like install issues? Will the holes work them self out like normal? Longevity should be about the same, right?

I feel like there is some mission critical variable that I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Last edited:

TSC1985

I've always operated under the assumption that if its not being viewed thru then GF is not necessary. At the end of the day if GF is not something you stock and have to order specifically for perf sure go ahead