• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storing Away The L310

Vinyldog

Looks like I'm going to have to unplug the L310 and keep it in my garage until it sells. Any advise on what I can do to make sure in fires up and prints after setting for a few months?
I can't find anything in the manual that addresses storage.

jayhawksigns

FWIW, the HP guy on the webcast thing I saw last month swears that they just shutdown their trade show units, box them up, and let them sit until the next show. Most times don't need to replace printheads when they fire back up. Just passing on his story, no idea if its the best course of action.

Vinyldog

That's what I've heard so far. On these machines the print-heads aren't outrageous to replace anyway.

dale911

President
When I bought my l25500 a few years ago, it was sitting in a closet for 6 months before I bought it. They rolled it out, plugged it in and I was in business. It takes heat to cure the ink so they don't mind sitting for months without being plugged in. Don't worry about. Worst case, if some jets get clogged, it's a $100 head replacement on a used head anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickWeedn

Looks like I'm going to have to unplug the L310 and keep it in my garage until it sells. Any advise on what I can do to make sure in fires up and prints after setting for a few months?
I can't find anything in the manual that addresses storage.

I might be a buyer for your HP 310....Please let me know your best price...bsamx@mac.com... Thanks

Vinyldog

Closing my shop. I was hoping I could sell the printer before moving out of the building, but it's not working out.

jfiscus

Rap Master
When we went to sell our 360 we just shut it down, unplugged it and put a dust cover (tarp) over and around it to keep it clean. We fired it up a few months later when someone was interested and after plugging it back in and running a cleaning cycle it was just fine.