• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

strange banding JV3160sp

hey guys, i am having some weird odd banding issues since last week.
- When i do a head test draw all seems fine.
- i have a cmyk test strip print on 60inch media, and only the cyan has a very minor banding in it.
- when i print a full job, covering about 50"+ of the width the banding will start right away and then fade out for the last 25 to 20" of the printing width. banding seems to be in cyan only,
- Print is fine when printing at slow speed. i don't get why there would be banding at the begining of the print but not at the end on the same line? i have tried every different cleaing and wash imaginable on the printer...still no luck. i could post some pics of that would help?

artbot

do a damper swap. pull some ink, or two normal cleans and see if cyan acts the same way at the magenta or yellow position. also, pull some ink at the cyan damper. how much resistance is there and does the damper stay caved in or relax after a moment?

Thanks

Thanks mate, it helped a bit.. i feel that i need to change the dampers as the filter in the cyan damper have something accumulated on it, have ordered for new dampers. will replace and post the result.. thanks for the help

artbot

in the mean time, clean the damper out. you can dunk it in ultrasonic and it will be good as new or aggressively jet solution through it backwards.