• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

strange behavior

kustomguy

Has anyone ever sent a file to be contour cut by a your graphtec and instead of reading the registration marks it just cuts a several small digits and quits? I have a new fc8000 that I have been struggling with to do contour cuts. I print with Mutoh 1304 and RIP with Wasatch. After struggling to get a successful contour cut test and finally succeeding I decided to do a couple of paying jobs only to have the registration attempts fail. When I send the file over from Wasatch the machine just cuts several small digits in the area of the first registation mark and quits. Technical support told me that the cut file in queue was corrupted and that I would have to recreate it. I tried it and it did the same thing. Is it possible that Wasatch is corrupting the cut file, or is something else causing this? Contour cutting just shouldn't be this hard.

Adam Bennett

Your cutter is not in the right communication mode.

You need to change it from gpgl to hpgl. you can do this from the menu in the cutter

kustomguy

I have the interface command set at auto because that is suppose to allow it to switch back and forth between hpgl and gpgl. My cable is 16 feet long... is that pushing the limits?

907customs

one way to tell would be to plug in a shorter one, and wheel it closer to the computer and try it again. I ended up with around 14' to 16' being the longest that I could run with consistant results.