• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange contour cut with Flexisign 8.1 Pro

wallstyle

GDay!

Trying to RIP print and contour cut some decals but no luck there.
Have a Rockhopper II and a vinylcutter Secabo 120CIII with laser pos.

I print out the 4 registration marks.And the put it in the Secabo and adjust the laser to them.
And it starts cutting mirrored. ?? There is no settings for mirror contour cut??

Have anybody had the same problem as me or are i doomed ?:banghead:

wallstyle

Yes mirrored .
And the feeding should be | | | | | | downwards
but it want it sideways
_______
_______
_______
Is it Flexi or the driver to the cutter?

trik

There is a setting in Flexi for mirror! When you hit the cut button, and it brings up the cut/plot box, there is a button in the lower left with a big F on it, if it is backwards it will cut mirror, click on it and when it reading normal, it will cut just fine. Also right next to it is a button with a human shape on it, click on it to get the decals in the position you want it cut for the feeding.

If that doesn't work try Chris's suggestion and turn the plotter around...lol jk, but that was a good one!! ;-)

Good luck!!!

wallstyle

There is no cut/plot box when you contour cut a printed vinyl. It only asks for Alignment (Manual) like the image.
2mobmuw.jpg
2akkcpc.jpg
2i2c6jq.jpg
and in job properties it's not mirrored

but when it comes to cut it is mirrored

Offsite pic replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

trik

Are you creating two files in your RIP, one for the print and one for the cut? That is what we do, it allows us to contour cut at a later time.

wallstyle

Yes it sends two file's to the RIP. One for the printer . And one to the cutter.
The blade tab - i can adjust knife offset X Y .