• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange Edge issue today

gabagoo

For the most part my Edge sits idle these days but every once in a while it comes in handy. Today was such a day... I was running a 2 colour job and on the second colour after I loaded the cartridge and hit the print button, the Edge started it's usual whine, but just sat there and then went quiet. At first I thought I held the button too long and it was going to pause but no, it was doing nothing. I then went to the computer and the screen was black. I jiggled the mouse a bit and nothing happened and then turned the monitor off and then on again. The screen came to life for about 5 seconds and went black again....In that 5 second time period the Edge started powering up and to start to print, but the moment the screen went black the Edge shut down as well. I for the life of me can't figure out how that is even possible, but I got the screen to come back about 5 more times with the same results. I then pulled the power cable out of the monitor and the Edge machine started making beeping noises. Plugged it back in and it shut down again. Does this make sense to anyone? very strange.... naturally the job is toast on a colour I don't have too much of and sure as hell don't want to buy it again (lime green).

any ideas? a glitch?

I have the screen back up now but the job is toast, so I can only assume somehow the screen is tied into that printer in some very strange way.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I doubt the monitor was doing anything other than showing what was happening with your GSPPlot. I would suggest rebooting the computer, deleting the PRM file for the job and then sending the job again to the Edge to see what happens.

Joe House

Good points above, also make sure that you don't have any power saving features turned on on the computer that might get in the way of production.

gabagoo

It is not either of those. When I say I unplug the monitor. I mean I take out from the back of the monitor the power supplu cord.... How that can effect the edge is absurd. In any case I got it back up and running

Billct2

Yea, the monitor should have nothing to do with it, other than displaying something screwing up on the edge. Pretty sure the Edge takes in the whole print file before it starts printing.