• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

strange file causing cut mode to sit for at least 30 - 45 seconds before I can start

gabagoo

I have seen this before with files from different designers.... basically I go to cut the file and the cut screen freezes and sits there for nearly 40 seconds, then it's ready to go. I cant figure out what's in this file that has the software confused...anyone ever figure out what causes this?

Cyw

I have seen this before with files from different designers.... basically I go to cut the file and the cut screen freezes and sits there for nearly 40 seconds, then it's ready to go. I cant figure out what's in this file that has the software confused...anyone ever figure out what causes this?

Without seeing the file, my guess would be excessive/errant nodes. Each point has a mathematical calculation it's tied to. Too many nodes can really bog down the process.

gabagoo

I have sort of figured it out but still have no idea what causes it. I had other items from the designer on my screen so I decided to delte them and then try cutting again and it was instant.
I think that these files may have been made with old pdf files from the same customer and they just save them as eps files. Whatever is in the file, and I have no idea, seems to really screw with the software.