• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange Noises from Mutoh 1624

morty87

Hello all, my mutoh 1624 has started to make some strange noises like its almost grinding against something an there is a bit of a rattle. Anyone ever experienced or heard this before? It still is printing well but I don;t believe the noises are something that can be good? I will attach a short video with the noises. Thanks for any help.

hmm it won;t let me upload it says not acceptable file extension. Either way its almost like a dragging noise with a bit of a rattle

Here is a video with the sound. :

Last edited:

Pitzu

Hello Morty,

the noises could come from the carriage bearings or the CR Y drive pulleys (some bearings that run out after a while).
Also, make sure the printhead doesn't hit anything.
You could post the video on YouTube and attach the link here.

Ryse Inc

I was going to say carriage bearing too :(
To tell if its the carriage bearings or the pulleys as Pitzu said...you can check to see If the sound is moving with the carriage, then you will know its there and not the pulleys :)

morty87

Thanks guys for your input especially since it was nt all that good of quality. The machine is still under warranty for another month and at least I have a bit more knowledge now of what it could be. Thanks again

alexcim

What did this noise turn out to be?

My VJ-2638 has just started making a similar noise at the maximal distance from the capping station.