• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaking on HP Latex 365 Prints

Kaitlin Boisvert

Hi, I'm trying to print a solid color brown on my HP365 Latex printer. I'm printing with the gutters turned on and trying to print on 3M 40C vinyl. I also got the same effect on HP vinyl, so I know it's not a profile issue. I've checked the printhead nozzle outage and they're all working fine, I cleaned the printheads after just to be sure, and I've run the optimizer check and everything seems to be working fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 817
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 615
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 734

dypinc

Looks like a color that would use a lot on light magenta and probably light cyan as well. Could be ink starvation. Possibly the lc/lm printhead needs replaced. How many passes? What happens when you slow the printer down like increase inter-pass delay?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I was going to say when printing a lot of solid colors, switch to CMYK only as it prevents the rainbow effect caused by the light colors. That almost looks like condensation build up in the curing tunnel dropping on the media when its moving. Is it random or somewhat repeatable at the same distance apart?

rx7boy

Honestly I had this issue about a year ago when printing a solid blue. Looked like yours ink starvation. I replaced the 2 head and all was good it could print and keep up no problem so I would definitely think it’s a couple of your heads.

HecklnDecalr

I agree, we had the exact same issue and after looking at the head usage we realized that 2 of our heads were past due for a change. Changed them out and it printed perfectly.

Mark295

We get streaks quite a bit when a printhead is going. You need to check the life of each head. Run a printhead diagnostic. This will show you which one is failing. This is an unfortunate aspect of the HP 360s. We always keep on hand one of each printhead and ink

equippaint

These printers seem like a real pita, always something to tweak or replace. I just dont understand the appeal.

Christian @ 2CT Media

These printers seem like a real pita, always something to tweak or replace. I just dont understand the appeal.
That's not the case for us... We have had every generation up this point and they are work horses. They all have bugs and glitches but we are very satisfied this far. Though we are looking very hard at the new Ricoh Latex, seems to be a great advancement in latex tech with high quality at faster speeds, only issue is scratch resistance.

Mark295

We have been satisfied also. We learned how to work with the glitches. These are great when doing wraps and you need to print on the fly. No waiting to out gas.

TomK

That's not the case for us... We have had every generation up this point and they are work horses. They all have bugs and glitches but we are very satisfied this far. Though we are looking very hard at the new Ricoh Latex, seems to be a great advancement in latex tech with high quality at faster speeds, only issue is scratch resistance.

Oh, neat printers - variable dot size, down to 4pl unlike huge fixed pl dot-size on the HP latex machines. Plus orange, green, and white inks. And 120V power options.

Anyone seen print samples from these yet? I thought only HP was making Latex, and the one other vendor that tried failed horribly. Hope Ricoh can gain some traction here, these look like what HP's should have been.

dypinc

Oh, neat printers - variable dot size, down to 4pl unlike huge fixed pl dot-size on the HP latex machines. Plus orange, green, and white inks. And 120V power options.

Anyone seen print samples from these yet? I thought only HP was making Latex, and the one other vendor that tried failed horribly. Hope Ricoh can gain some traction here, these look like what HP's should have been.

Anybody here running one of these Ricoh Latex machines?

Or, for this price you could get one and try it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ricoh-L416...202638755387?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have multiple print samples in hand, they are better than hp resolution/grain/vibrancy but super easy to scratch. I'm told its a print issue on these samples