• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaks Around Design

Joanne Kline

I have a Mimaki CJV30-130. I am getting vertical stripes on the top, bottom & in front of my design. Stripes are in all 4 colors. I just replaced 4 expired ink cartridges (factory SS21 which I always use) after running expired cartridges for a couple weeks.
My test print is good. My print head looks clean. I have installed a new wiper blade. I switched media but get the same result on sign vinyl & fabric vinyl. I can't figure what's causing this. Thank you in advance for any suggestions to get rid of these stripes!

Attachments

• IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 309

Joanne Kline

encoder possibly? ive seen something sort of similar to this before on my roland. cant be positive though. just a thought.
encoder possibly? ive seen something sort of similar to this before on my roland. cant be positive though. just a thought.
I've cleaned the encoder strip & it's still printing the stripes. Is there anything else I can check with encoder?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
But....... if this was the encoder anything, wouldn't the problem be on the printed images, also ?? Seems there is some sorta information transfer taking place which does not belong there. More like some communications problem.

How does it cut ??

Joanne Kline

But....... if this was the encoder anything, wouldn't the problem be on the printed images, also ?? Seems there is some sorta information transfer taking place which does not belong there. More like some communications problem.

How does it cut ??
Cutting is good - just these stripes. The stripes are always in the same place. Above, below and in front of design - never behind the design.

Joanne Kline

Could it be head strike or the head slightly rubbing on the substrate? I have never seen it look like that before just a thought.
Could it be head strike or the head slightly rubbing on the substrate? I have never seen it look like that before just a thought.
The head rubbing on substrate makes sense. I'm not sure if I can adjust that or how to do it but I'd like to give it a try. Any pointers on how to do that?

equippaint

It doesnt look like the head rubbing to me. Gino has a good point. Swap out the printer cable and see what happens.
Did it just start doing this? Has it ever printed right for you?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Doesnt look like head strikes or encoder. Head strikes are streaky, encoder would shift everything.. The colors are too perfect and look like a data or communications problem cause they look pixelated

Joanne Kline

Thank you. All the info has been so helpful in narrowing it down & so far it sounds like it must be a data or communications problem. Any suggestions besides switching the printer cable?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Turn everything off and reboot it all.
  • Is this a dedicated computer ??
  • How full is your que ??
  • How full is your ripping program ??
  • When's the last time you cleaned house where your software is located ??

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
This may be a very silly question but have you tried a different file that worked before? Had a quick scan though the replies and you haven’t explicitly stated it’s not only this artwork lol.

Besides that, try switching the USB cable that goes from the computer to the machine, I’ve seen that fix a few issues before and this definitely looks like a data issue.