• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Streaks In Print

Nordic Reklam

Hello.
We have a XR-640 printer and when i print on banner normal speed i get lighter streaks horisontal. If i switch to high guality i get lighter shadows vertical. I ave no idea what to do.
High quality print.jpg
Normal quality print.jpg

Hey Nordic Reklam,

The banding you're experience could be caused by a variety if sources, but it's most likely the result of a material rippling issue. When the material not flat and has buckles/ripping, the ink will be displaced on the material and the human eye can detect that. So, for testing, it's recommended to not use the takeup, increase the vacuum power on the printer, adjust the heater temperatures (you may have to raise or lower them depending on the material rippling severity), followed by perform the feed calibration on the banner material.

Also, be sure you're selecting the correct profile for the material you're using.

Additionally, please ensure the VersaWorks feed calibration control is set to "Use Printer Settings". If not, the problem could continue. All of the above will help determine if there are other variables, such as the tension applied to the material while using the takeup system.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn