Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Sign Brackets

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by superdj23, Jun 8, 2012.

1. superdj23

superdj23 Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I can not seem to find these anywhere. The set screws are so old and corroded that I can't get them out. I worked on one for about 1.5 hours and finally got it out, but that is just ridiculous when I have to do 24 more signs. Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. 2B

2B Moderator Staff Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Grimco.com has all sorts of sign mounts for street signs

3. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Is the bracket two pieces so you can adjust to the thickness of the media? Check out Howard Brothers on Buford Highway in Duluth http://www.howardbrothers.com/

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Rice Signs in Auburn Alabama is a huge supplier of traffic sign hardware.

5. superdj23

superdj23 Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Grimco doesn't have these. I can't find them anywhere. Is it possible, they just don't make these anymore? They are flat on the bottom and are screwed straight down into the post.

6. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
  7. superdj23

superdj23 Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    It is actually one piece made for use with standard set screws. I might have to consider getting two brackets and sandwiching the signs in between them, but I only want to do that if I've exhausted other avenues.

8. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
  9. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
  10. superdj23

superdj23 Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I was wondering about this being discontinued. I would think that it would still be a practical application though. :-(

11. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    It looks to me like they took and extruded blade t-bracket and cut the bottom off.

Not sure what size that post is in the picture but they do make blade holder brackets that go onto wood posts. (Usually 4X4) but maybe you could make one of those work. They look identical to whats in your picture but have two flanges on either side that come down.

12. superdj23

superdj23 Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    It is possible that they cut the bottom off, but with the craftsmanship of the posts, I wouldn't think they would have been that intuitive. The problem with using the brackets made for 4' x 4' posts is that half the posts are 6' x 6's and the other half have decorative tops attached to the 4' x 4's. i am beginning to think I may just use some center U-channel type brackets and drill holes in all the signs to be mounted with nuts and bolts rather than set screws. This job has turned out to be a major headache.