• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stripes

tntnuchia

Can anyone give me some tips on applying a wide stripe to the side of a cargo van? I use the top hinge method on almost everything i do. the stripe is about 7" wide and 194" long.

Any help is appreciated.

signmeup

You're going to want to go side hinge on this one. You can cut the stripe down if the van has doors etc. That will give you a shorter stripe to work with. Normally you would just put the stripe on and cut at the doors after. Beware of the stripe "wandering" as you install it. Make some guide marks to follow with a grease pencil or strips of masking tape.

Fitch

1) Mark out stripe position ie where top of stripe is to sit.
2) Peel back say 1 inch (vertical) and stick loosely to vehicle - or whatever.
3) Have a slightly more soapy fluid mixture and spray surface
4) Peel back about three feet backing paper and align vinyl to markers.
5) Squeegee first two feet slightly
6) Increase length of vinyl from backing paper - if possible - the lot and align to markers
7) Slightly hold in place and squeegee the lot - centre out.

Should take no more than 10 minutes

Cheers - G

AUTO-FX

5 drops of PLAIN dish soap in a quart spray bottle . I use "free and clear" - no lotions of fragrance in it. i have applied 15" wide stripes with no premask down the sides of vans floating them on this way. just dont let the paper get wet on the back of the decal or your screwed.

S

scarface

I did some 12" wide stripes with no bubbles using rapid tac 1 (takes longer to dry) and it was app taped. Simply laid the stripe down, taped the middle, went from the hinge outward going left to right with a fresh squeegee.

I've tried to do stripes with NO MASK and it was terrible.