• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Struggling to set up GSxPlus plotter

BEL Signs

I didn't expect any problems in this area to be honest but....

I have just bought an old Gerber Edge LE with a GSxPlus plotter.

We got a copy of Omega 1.6 with it

We can get the Edge Printing from 1 PC

We can get the plotter working but only on a different PC though FlexiExpert. So we know they both work.

We only have a driver for GS15 not a GSxPlus.

We've been trying to find the right driver but will the driver we have work ok? If it will then at least we can eliminate that as a problem.

We have seen the system working but when we got it home we noticed the plotter cable and Bombsite were missing. We called the seller but he is not being very helpfull just saying "sold as seen".

One of the forum members is kindly helping me out with the Bombsite but we're struggling to get the plotter set up. can anyone help us?

I don't want to lay it on too thick but I just talked my father into buying it and I feel terrible that I can't get it working for him especially as I sung the Edge's praises for so long.

Any help would be gratefully received

Thank you

Darren Richards

Tony Teveris

It's the end of the day here, I'll ask some questions tomorrow and get back.

Are you using a Gerber serial cable for the plotter ?

BEL Signs

It's the end of the day here, I'll ask some questions tomorrow and get back.

Are you using a Gerber serial cable for the plotter ?

Thanks Tony,

I appreciate any light you can through on this.

Were just using a standard serial cable not a Gerber one as far as I know

Daz

BEL Signs

have you tried adding the GS to the omega 1.6 setup?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure, I seem to have tried everything it lets me change but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

its 11pm here and I feel I'm being a little vague with my info so I will post a more detailed explanation of my exact situation tomorrow if I can't resolve it before then

rxe

Make sure your serial cable only has 3 pins in it,
not all 25. If it has more than 3, the plotter won't
work and you may get a cummunication error.