• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stumped by a serif font

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I thought I could figure this one out but had no luck at wtf or whatfontis either

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-05 at 2.36.13 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-07-05 at 2.36.13 PM.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 67

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
DaunPenh

Actually, this serif face is the default face used for the Latin characters of several Microsoft System fonts that are primarily present to display other character sets such as Asian or Arabic.

Two other fonts on my system (Win7-64) that show the same letterforms are Arabic Typesetting and Microsoft Uighur...

In the same way that Arial is a scribbly copy of Helvetica, this looks to be a "MS-ized" copy of Minnion...

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Heh, heh... Thanks for the huge compliment, Eric, but the credit really goes to FindMyFont...

I knew I had seen this font before (missing serif on the middle stroke of the E), and I was sure I had it, but I would have never thought to consider the Latin fill-in characters used in the system fonts that MS supplies for Asian and Arabic character sets. Find My Font does this effortlessly and also twigged me on to the fact they were system fonts as FMF show the top 3 matches -- which are all identical -- to be the three system fonts I named in the previous post.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Ah ok. I have some oddball Asian fonts on my Mac that show up as weird/unique sans/serif fonts too when typed on an american keyboard