• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stumped, Yard Services logo

J

john1

Hey guys, Have a customer who is looking to re letter their trucks with a new modern logo

Their current "logo" is simply just times roman lettering on 1 line with their business name.

They want to do the new modern logo on letterheads, 4 white pick up trucks, business cards and screen printed t-shirts.

They want to include a silhouette of a tree as they do tree removal and things like that and for colors brown and hunter green. They also want to emphasize CYS.

Any help on a direction to go on this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• cecil_service_logo.jpg
    cecil_service_logo.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Antonelli

John-

Try and avoid the obvious. Every landscaper wants to use a tree (are they landscapers?) Avoid the obvious. Good small business branding should be about standing out, not fitting in.

You mention they wanted to appear modern, but your choice of typography is really not modern (and has some real funky kerning). Avoid using initials, as they are meaningless to the viewer and do nothing to enhance the brand. I would consider a tagline perhaps to integrate a design element, because (and maybe its just me) but I think many homeowners know what 'yard service' is - so a tag might help. Do they cut grass, install brick pavers, clean out my garage, clean gutters? No clue, but maybe a tag might help the average person.

We do a ton of landscaper logos. Here's a few to maybe help give you some ideas.
http://www.graphicd-signs.com/portfolio-logo-landscapers

qmr55

I agree with Dan, but if you must stay with that name and all maybe you can go somewhere along these lines...just an idea!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 112

wedosigns

Colin
What fonts are you using in that logo. I really like how the script font is bold, and the other font is bold as well but not squared if you know what I mean. From your previous posts, you sure have some great ideas for layouts for logos.

J

john1

Thanks for the help everyone, I will put those tips together and see what i come up with.

Thanks again!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
John-

Try and avoid the obvious. Every landscaper wants to use a tree (are they landscapers?) Avoid the obvious. Good small business branding should be about standing out, not fitting in.

You mention they wanted to appear modern, but your choice of typography is really not modern (and has some real funky kerning). Avoid using initials, as they are meaningless to the viewer and do nothing to enhance the brand. I would consider a tagline perhaps to integrate a design element, because (and maybe its just me) but I think many homeowners know what 'yard service' is - so a tag might help. Do they cut grass, install brick pavers, clean out my garage, clean gutters? No clue, but maybe a tag might help the average person.

We do a ton of landscaper logos. Here's a few to maybe help give you some ideas.

http://www.graphicd-signs.com/portfolio-logo-landscapers

That's a great phrase. I hope you don't have it copyrighted, causin' I'ma gonna start ausin' it !! :thumb: