• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stupid JV3 130 SP2

DirtyD

I know it's an old printer...but it's what i got..

My problem is I have NO PRE OR POST HEAT error on screen states thermistor for both..I also do not have power going to the drying fan or deoderizer fan..

I checked the fuses and put in a different IO2 board.. I do not have anyother problems so I don't think it is a Main PCB issue, I'm just lost now..

Any suggestions?

97GTB

Check the control cable from Main PCB to IO2, its the Flat white cable top right corner of the Main PCB may need reseating
or check the power cable from Power PCB to IO2, its top right corner also on Power PCB, if that doesn't work might be
looking at an issue with the Power PCB itself.

DirtyD

Thanks for the reply, I changed the the ribbon cable as well and check the power cable.. still nothing.. the IO2 board does get some type of power as a red led lights up on it, I just have no heat or exterior deoderizer or drying fan.

Thanks for the reply

DrunknMonk

we had a thermistor error on our jv3 160 sp after a main board was changed, they fixed it, it was a cable in the wrong way around they said on the main board, hope that helps

MikePro

my fans once crapped out on me, on my 160sp, because I had failed to notice my ink pump/drain lines had rotted and were dripping ink all-over the cables within the printer.
disconnected, cleaned the cables/connections, and everything fired-back-up again like a charm.

WB

I have a bunch of boards off a 160 and 130 if you need anything. we scrapped the printers but I kept all the main boards and some odds and ends.

ironchef

Have you fixed it? I'm about to buy an old jv3 to use for just banners.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk