• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sturdy but not too aggressive adhesive???

TravinFlavin

Hey all! I dunno if such a thing even exists but I want to put it out there to the experts just to be sure..
I have a client who wants some 1/8" sintra signs put up in his shop, but he wants them installed in such a way that won't damage the walls or peel the paint when removed.. Is this even possible? Even a decent double sided tape might peel some paint if they're fixed up there for a while, no?

Any tips greatly appreciated!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I carry specialty mounting adhesives for that application, it will not ruin your walls. I would imagine you have a local dealer that can help but you need to ask for "Wall Removable" mounting adhesive. Hope that helps sir.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not second guessing ya Bigfish, but aren't those tapes for temporary and lightweight articles ?? According to the size requirements, a strong double-sided tape, silicone or physical fasteners might be the only way to go.

I'd like to know more about the actual pieces going up and what's on these walls to adhere to. Paint isn't enough information.

To the OP....... sometimes customers' requests are not worth the hassle of having something fail, thus creating a bigger mess.​

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm not second guessing ya Bigfish, but aren't those tapes for temporary and lightweight articles ?? According to the size requirements, a strong double-sided tape, silicone or physical fasteners might be the only way to go.

I'd like to know more about the actual pieces going up and what's on these walls to adhere to. Paint isn't enough information.

To the OP....... sometimes customers' requests are not worth the hassle of having something fail, thus creating a bigger mess.​

Yes depending on the size. I have actually done some in my home and they were 24x36 sintra prints I mounted with the tape and there was no issue, but size is important when considering the tape method.

TravinFlavin

Great, thanks for the tips, guys! The Sintra pieces are 24X48 and 24X84. We'll look into some wall removal tape and potentially just stick with our heavy double sided for the 24X84.