• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation issues (aluminum/plaques)

Nismoasfuh

Hey all, I have been noticing this happening a lot recently. I don't usually do too many plaques but when I do I get this crazy "waterspotted" look all all over the metal that was heated. I'm making sure the metal is fine before hand, I make sure to pre treat it by having the heat press upper platen rest on it for a good 20 seconds to get any moisture out, wait for it to cool down, tape up the image, heat/press it and this is the result. I have messed with various pressure/temp settings but at this point I'm just assuming I might need a better heat press? At first I had figured it might've been humidity levels getting too high in the shop but our hygrometer says we're ok there. I have attached a picture as well as a video. This is a black dye sublimation on GOLD aluminum.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited: