• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Sublimation or Digital printing for sign face for thermoforming?

Sunney

Hi all,

How practical, successful is sublimation on plastics like Acrylic, PETg, in large sizes like 3x2 feet, or 8x4 ft. with thickness of 2.5mm ? Also possibly on moulded surfaces, to make outdoor sign fascia ?

I have two choices:

1. Direct digital printing using a flatbed printer and then vacuum form. Is any digital ink existing,can hold on non-fading 5 years ?

2. Sublimation (If viable): Low investment: I have my Epson Stylus Pro 9900 large format inkjet printer, which I may adopt for sublimation, to start with. Will have to invest in a heat transfer system, if existing (?).

But I doubt the Sublimation way may not be practical on large sizes, especially curved shapes. , again a 5 year non-fading ink.

Howsoever, I'm searching for any new tech system is existing beyond my knowledge.

Please advice me the best way.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited: