• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substance G25

GiveUsSigns

Has anybody tried the Substance Atlas G25 25 mil Laminate? That is some thick Lam,
I would assume you have to cut it with a chainsaw? (ya, I know, flatbed cutters breeze through it just fine, right?)

Chaos Graphics Guys

unclebun

We've used Convex's version of the same product. Although we have no trouble cutting the regular 15 mil Substance laminate, not only is the textured stuff really thick, it's harder too. Probably a flatbed with a special blade is going to be the only way to go with it.

stxrmxn

I would presume it is given to customers in sheet form for them to cut and apply to the decal kit post instal.
Some riders are very hard on the graphics depending on their style of riding. For instance they may grip the bike with their knees more than others causing that area to rub through quicker especially if they have knee braces.
And yeah you would need 2 passes on your normal 1500 laminate pressure to cut this out if you dont have a flatbed.

unclebun

I would presume it is given to customers in sheet form for them to cut and apply to the decal kit post instal.
Some riders are very hard on the graphics depending on their style of riding. For instance they may grip the bike with their knees more than others causing that area to rub through quicker especially if they have knee braces.

This is how we use the stuff