• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substance Users?

WildWestDesigns

Just saw this earlier today.

For anyone that uses Substance and likes perpetual licenses, may want to think about getting on the latest before it's too late.

Need to get the latest for Linux while I still can. Once Substance is absorbed into CC, not going to have Linux support anymore I'm sure.

shoresigns

Adobe’s chief product officer Scott Belsky ... “Adobe is a company that has always embraced new DNA and has grown through these critical acquisitions,” he said, and noted that Adobe always looks to these acquisitions to see how it can change through them — not how it can change the company it acquires. “For Creative Cloud, this is one of these acquisitions,” he added.

Cross your fingers for the 0.001% chance Belsky is subtly hinting that this will be the beginning of widespread Linux support from Adobe.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
This acquisition sounds a little like putting the cart ahead of the horse. Adobe doesn't have a real 3D modeling and/or animation application. The nearest thing to it is the "lite" version of Cinema 4D bundled into After Effects. It's not really a complete solution. Thanks make composition applications like Adobe Dimension very limiting; right now it's basically an outlet to sell users Adobe Stock 3D models. What if we want to build our own things? I'm sure not going to get too excited about some new texture engine system if it can only be used on some models one has to buy.

WildWestDesigns

Cross your fingers for the 0.001% chance Belsky is subtly hinting that this will be the beginning of widespread Linux support from Adobe.

The only reason at this point that I hope that Adobe does offer Linux support is that there are alot of people stuck on Windows/Mac due to the Adobe suite.

Even if (and that's a pretty damn big if) it brings Linux support, it comes at a high price of an even tighter stranglehold on things for a lot of people.

This acquisition sounds a little like putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Unless something else is in the works. Something that may be taking a little bit longer to come into fruition then this one here did. I can't see them not wanting to add in modeling/rigging/animation to their pipeline of tools or not having that planned as well. But I am just speculating.