• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Substrate low warning before printing

heyitsme

Hi, don't know if anyone could help with this query...

When we first started logging the amount of substrate when loading in substrate on our HP Designjet L26500, I remember a case when Onyx PosterShop Rip-Queue warned us that we tried to send something to print that was too long for the available substrate left, it then had a pause or cancel button.

This warning was really useful, but has never popped up ever again and I have no idea why!

In the 'about' box the version we're using is: 10.2.0.227, and the firmware of the printer is on the latest. Have checked through the settings everywhere but couldnt see anything obvious

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Is there a way to query the printer for available media? I would suspect this is what needs to be done although I can't recall where this setting would be in Onyx.

heyitsme

Is there a way to query the printer for available media? I would suspect this is what needs to be done although I can't recall where this setting would be in Onyx.

It has a web access panel which shows the substrate left which I check before printing, but the RIP software definitely knew at some point to give us the warning and I can't figure out why it's never given us a popup since that first time. Shame it's a useful feature!