• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question substrate printing with 310 HP latex printer

jagsouthern

I have a customer who insist on using a sunbrella type fabric for pole banners. How well does the latex adhere to the fabric and what is a good source for the fabric? I normally use 13 oz scrim and they don't want to use a canvas like product. They are convinced that it will last for 3-5 years of constant use.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most sunbrella has all kindsa chemicals and made to repel just about everything. Most paint will not stick, most inks will not stick and even screen printing ink has a hard time adhering. But, you can get it at most awning places.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a customer who insist on using a sunbrella type fabric for pole banners. How well does the latex adhere to the fabric and what is a good source for the fabric? I normally use 13 oz scrim and they don't want to use a canvas like product. They are convinced that it will last for 3-5 years of constant use.

Sunbrella is Water resistant and is not printable. I deal the Dickson Coating line of fabrics and banner, they are part of Sunbrella which is made by Glen Raven.You will need to look at another type of outdoor fabric if they refuse to use canvas.

Johnny Best

3M use to make a vinyl that had to be heat sealed on Sunbrella. Like BigFish tells you probably is the right answer. He knows the HP latex printers and what they can handle really well.

jagsouthern

Sunbrella is Water resistant and is not printable. I deal the Dickson Coating line of fabrics and banner, they are part of Sunbrella which is made by Glen Raven.You will need to look at another type of outdoor fabric if they refuse to use canvas.
Thanks Bigfish. I have told them repeatedly that canvas was a much better option. This confirms that Sunbrella is not going to work.