• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Subtank High

bsm

Hi Guys, I have . Mutoh VJ1624 which is coming up with the error subtank high on Magenta. Has anybody come across this before. I have had the low errors but not the high.

heyskull

I have never come across a "subtank high" error before.
But I can only assume that one of the subtank 2 way valves has failed and is constantly filling the subtank from the cartridge.
I have a 1604 and have replaced these twice on my machine.

SC

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The sub tank high error message normally means the opposite of what you would think it means. That message pops up on the 1624 when the sub tank high sensor is not tripped in the time allowed. Normally it means that the ink is empty and for some reason the ink end sensor didn't trip. The other possible issue is with the 1000 ml bags not being inserted into the adapter properly or the plug on the adapter not being in the correct location. It is very rarely any actual issue with the equipment.

• Agree
Reactions: S2S

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Everyone,

Thank you for sharing. I was told to locate the two tubings from the maintenance station, close one up, pull ink with a syringe while printer is off.

beejayssigns

I have also encountered this problem, 'E177Err SubTankHi C' was displayed on the printer screen. I opened the printer's top cover and found the bottom of the sub tank in cyan ink, but the ink cartridge is still at 22%. We only use genuine Mutoh cartridges, and have never used 1000ml bags with bulk ink system. What do you think we need to fix this? On the user manual it states that either the Sub Tank Assy, 2 Way solenoid assy or junction board assy need to be replaced. If it is just the cyan section which needs changing, should changing the 2 way solenoid be enough?

Ssignature

Mutoh reports that there is a bad batch of subtanks out there that collapse and will not refill. This issue is for 1641/1682 SRPros only. However, it's possible that could be an issue with an older machine too. Normally, replacing the ink valve should be sufficient unless there is a kinked line or obstruction somewhere. chrisphillips is 100% in that almost 100% (lol) of the time it's a problem with the needle not piercing the ink bag/tank. It's possible the needle on your cartridge slot is cracked/broken as well. Sometimes, we suggest people insert a known good cartridge, turn off power and wait 30 minutes and gravity will take care it, if there is nothing else wrong.