• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SUCCESS! Xerox 8254E now officially Mutoh ValueJet 1304 (W/O installing a new mobo)

theprintfirm

Attention all you Xerox 8254E and 8264E wide format users:

After a long and stressful attempt, we have finally and officially changed our Xerox 8254E to a Mutoh ValueJet 1304. Without having to purchase and instal a new motherboard.

It is 100% possible to convert these machines back to their original manufacturer and remove all presence of Xerox smart codes. As well as without spending a TON of money on new boards.

For 22 months we have been using a bulk ink system and smart card charging system, but the smart card codes have been running dry. Putting strain on our ability to produce product lately.

WHY CHANGE?
1) Xerox no longer sells wide format machines.
2) It will be only a matter of time before Xerox before they cease supporting the machines they have sold and installed at customer locations.
3) Their ink costs are outrageous. $125.00 CDN per colour in Canada
4) Compared to Mutoh, Xerox has a limited amount of units in the market place, so for bulk ink users the smart code availability is much lower than that of the Mutoh smart code availability.
5) Who even knows how long they will sell and provide suppliers for the machines will be.
6) Mutoh Dealers and Mutoh Service Technicians are not allowed to service Xerox machines as they are under contract not to touch them.
7) And personally, I would rather support Mutoh and their dealers.

---
OLD PARAMETERS:
Xerox Model Code: Xerox 8254E
Mutoh Model Code: Mutoh ValueJet 1304AX
Version M/C: 2.03 / 1.12
Mainboard Firmware: 2.03
Sub-Controller Firmware: 1.12

Serial #: A Mutoh based serial number that MEA (in Technician Mode) would not read and accept. It would error out as "Serial Number Incompatible With Printer".
Company Code: 9 (Smart Card company code for the Xerox chips is "9")
Part Change: I did change the sub-controller heater board (Part # DF-49660), but I cannot confirm that it helped in any way. I feel it may have been an unnecessary change as after changing the board it did not help change the smart card charging system. After the change it still wanted Xerox smart cards.

NEW PARAMETERS:
Xerox Model Code: n/a
Mutoh Model Code: Mutoh ValueJet 1304 (removed the AX)
Version M/C: 1.00 / 1.12
Mainboard Firmware: 1.00
Sub-Controller Firmware: 1.11

Serial #: It now has a new Mutoh serial number that MEA (in Technician Mode) does read and will accept. It does NOT error out and I can bring everything up in diagnostics mode. Works perfectly!

Company Code: 1 (Smart Card company code for the Mutoh chips is "1") All my Xerox smart cards "9" come up Not Original.

Part Change: Again,I did change the sub-controller heater board (Part # DF-49660), but I cannot confirm that it helped in any way. I feel it may have been an unnecessary change as after changing the board, it did not help change the smart card charging system. I changed the Controller Board and it now has v1.11 firmware on it.
---

Please be advised that the change over requires expert technical of two versions of MEA software, Parameter Files, binary code adjustment and knowledge of the Board Manager Mode and Diagnostic Modes. This process is not for the light user.

More details to follow as I hope to help all users in the same boat as we were in.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Please post an update, I'm interested.
Having this option at the end of my lease would be nice

wayne k
guam usa

theprintfirm

We are just in the process of changing a second machine over from another printing company. Upon this success, we will be able to help you SignProPlus-Alex & GAC05 swap your printers.

SIDNEIOL

How to convert a Xerox 8254E?

I Have a Xerox 8254E, V2.02.Its possible for converting fot Mutoh 1304?
What version of firware need in this case?

I appreciatte your help.

Sidnei-Brazil:help

After a long and stressful attempt, we have finally and officially changed our Xerox 8254E to a Mutoh ValueJet 1304. Without having to purchase and instal a new motherboard.

It is 100% possible to convert these machines back to their original manufacturer and remove all presence of Xerox smart codes. As well as without spending a TON of money on new boards.

For 22 months we have been using a bulk ink system and smart card charging system, but the smart card codes have been running dry. Putting strain on our ability to produce product lately.

WHY CHANGE?
2) It will be only a matter of time before Xerox before they cease supporting the machines they have sold and installed at customer locations.
4) Compared to Mutoh, Xerox has a limited amount of units in the market place, so for bulk ink users the smart code availability is much lower than that of the Mutoh smart code availability.
5) Who even knows how long they will sell and provide suppliers for the machines will be.
6) Mutoh Dealers and Mutoh Service Technicians are not allowed to service Xerox machines as they are under contract not to touch them.

---
OLD PARAMETERS:

Serial #: A Mutoh based serial number that MEA (in Technician Mode) would not read and accept. It would error out as "Serial Number Incompatible With Printer".
Part Change: I did change the sub-controller heater board (Part # DF-49660), but I cannot confirm that it helped in any way. I feel it may have been an unnecessary change as after changing the board it did not help change the smart card charging system. After the change it still wanted Xerox smart cards.

NEW PARAMETERS:

Serial #: It now has a new Mutoh serial number that MEA (in Technician Mode) does read and will accept. It does NOT error out and I can bring everything up in diagnostics mode. Works perfectly!

Company Code: 1 (Smart Card company code for the Mutoh chips is "1") All my Xerox smart cards "9" come up Not Original.

Part Change: Again,I did change the sub-controller heater board (Part # DF-49660), but I cannot confirm that it helped in any way. I feel it may have been an unnecessary change as after changing the board, it did not help change the smart card charging system. I changed the Controller Board and it now has v1.11 firmware on it.
---

Please be advised that the change over requires expert technical of two versions of MEA software, Parameter Files, binary code adjustment and knowledge of the Board Manager Mode and Diagnostic Modes. This process is not for the light user.

More details to follow as I hope to help all users in the same boat as we were in.

samsonrajah

Zerox Conversion

Thanks for the post. We have a Zerox and want to convert. We are not technically competent to handle the conversion. Do you know of a company or technican in Canada that can perform this conversion ?

MrPrint

Nubbs
Please contact

WHY CHANGE?

---
OLD PARAMETERS:

NEW PARAMETERS:

---

I am very interested in having this done. If you could please PM me IOT to discuss how this may be possible. I have contacted Mutoh, byt they are not interested in helping only selling me a new printer.

Thanks,

Albert
Mr. Print

smartcopyprint

Hi I have an OCE CS9050 converted to Mutoh but the problem is company code whitch is 8 that is for OCE and is not taking Mutoh cartridge.
Any help?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Xerox 8264e

Good day,

We have smart cards for Xerox 8264E. We also carry Bordeaux brand Eco Solvent Ink for Xerox printers. Our ink will perform as good as Mutoh original inks. Ask for more information. Thanks !

Card
http://www.premiercolour.com/smart-card-for-xerox-8264e/

Refill Cartridge
http://www.premiercolour.com/refillable-cartridge-for-mutoh-valuejet-printers/

Liter Eco Solvent Ink
http://www.premiercolour.com/bordeaux-replacement-ink-for-mutoh-eco-ultra-1l/

14 days Satisfactory Guarantee
US Phhone Support 9-5pm GMT

dogger

Is anyone still using the Xerox 8254? I have had one for about 6 months now, and have never been fully satisfied with getting the colours to match. I have tried so many ICC profiles and used up so much material I am at a bit of a loss. Not much on the web either on these machines. I am a very small part time user, so upgrading to a new machine is not in my foreseable future. Thanks for any help. I realize this is an older thread, but am targeting people with this equipment and know how.

stanekl

Hi theprintfirm,

could you please guide me through convertion of Xerox 8254E into Mutoh 1304? I have both Mutoh´s FW 1.00 and HFW 1.09 ready.

Please PM me.

Thanks in advance

stanekl

OK, I have succeeded! My Xerox 8254E is now Mutoh ValueJet 1304. Not only when starting, it is now possible to use Mutoh chips and smard cards, chip ressetters and software which recognizes printer as VJ-1304. It has also right S/N.

No extra parts are needed for this convertion.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
OK, I have succeeded! My Xerox 8254E is now Mutoh ValueJet 1304. Not only when starting, it is now possible to use Mutoh chips and smard cards, chip ressetters and software which recognizes printer as VJ-1304. It has also right S/N.

No extra parts are needed for this convertion.

So what was the process to do this?