• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suction hoses clogging up

Stormyj

Just another guy
Anyone having problems with suction hoses clogging up? I bought some hose off ebay, says it was suppose to work, but ever since then, I have had multiple clogs. Causing problems with heads not getting cleaned properly. I am using after market inks, but never had that problem before. The tubes seem a bit softer then original tube, but i dont think they are collapsing with suction. Where do you get your tubing? The stuff is all over the place, but you never know how it is until you spend the money on a 25' roll. Also, I think it is supposed to be 3mmod 1.8mm id solvent resistant nylon? Is that right?
Thanks

netsol

Anyone having problems with suction hoses clogging up? I bought some hose off ebay, says it was suppose to work, but ever since then, I have had multiple clogs. Causing problems with heads not getting cleaned properly. I am using after market inks, but never had that problem before. The tubes seem a bit softer then original tube, but i dont think they are collapsing with suction. Where do you get your tubing? The stuff is all over the place, but you never know how it is until you spend the money on a 25' roll. Also, I think it is supposed to be 3mmod 1.8mm id solvent resistant nylon? Is that right?
Thanks
maybe they are aqueous? maybe ecosolvent makes them soft, but doesn't make them leak. then the whole mess hardens like plaster of paris?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Try removing the hoses and clean them out. You can squeegee out the old ink with an unopened soda can. Flush the hoses with acetone to remove any residual ink, reinstall and see if that does the trick.