• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

suggestions for this partial wrap

tiredcreations

This isn't the actual design, but it's close. My question is what makes the most sense. Printing the blue swoosh & lettering and stopping the wrap just behind the front door, or printing only the swoosh & using cut vinyl for the lettering? If you print the swoosh only, what's the best method for installing a shape like that?

I'm just debating. Thanks

transit.jpg

I would print and contour cut all of it. With it being a fleet wrap and plenty of white on the van, cut and drop the area in the back recessed panel. With construction being in black, you could use like Orcal 751 or equivalent if you wanted, but I would let it roll with just all print and cut. Don't wrap any of the white area in white. The whites are too different.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
print swoosh only and lettering.
best method to install it? I can't help you there. You shouldn't have any problem with it.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I would print and contour cut all of it. With it being a fleet wrap and plenty of white on the van, cut and drop the area in the back recessed panel. With construction being in black, you could use like Orcal 751 or equivalent if you wanted, but I would let it roll with just all print and cut. Don't wrap any of the white area in white. The whites are too different.

Agree

2B

This

Also, If you cut and drop, modifiy the layout so the blue is not in the panel. will make it look cleaner since it only a partial

Hello,
I would use 3m1080 series wrap film with knifeless tape for the blue then print-cut all other logos. The van below was completely wrapped in 3m1080 series film then I added kniveless tape and then the grey was applied. and then finished off with print and cut graphics.
van.jpg van prewrap.jpg

Thank You,
Jason Baker

tiredcreations

When you say "cut and drop" do you mean cutting the blue at the recess instead of wrapping over it? Where the recess part will have the white exposed if you're looking at it from the front? I understand wrapping around the recess will probably throw off the flow of the curve.

bpatrick3

Not sure why you would print any of it, am I missing something? Use knifeless tape to produce you shoosh. If you cut your shoosh and then install it, it will be distorted where it goes in and out of the recesses.

WrapYourCar

Not sure why you would print any of it, am I missing something? Use knifeless tape to produce you shoosh. If you cut your shoosh and then install it, it will be distorted where it goes in and out of the recesses.
Exactly my thoughts... avoid printing save a step.

tdupster

Good job. Looks great. I'm assuming you had the lettering pre cut and installed after...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Bly

Printed or not there's no need to cut & drop that.
Lay knifeless, heat away from the recess a little and feed it in.
It will stay. Cut & drop looks nasty in my opinion.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
They might be trying to match a specific blue....hence the need to print.

Signmaker1234

Is it ok to install cut lettering out of oracal 751 over Avery supreme wrap film? Not to high jack the thread but it kinda fits in with the subject?

Billct2

I lalso would prefer to to do it as all cut vinyl, and explain the longevity of that method to the customer. If a close match can't be found good enough for the client then print and apply