• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions on these 1" Acrylic Letters

PaulyD

DIY CNC Hobbyist
We have a client that wants the letters in picture below made out of the 1" thick acrylic and internally lit with neon effect and stud mounted onto white ceramic tile. I'm looking for your thoughts on how you would go about tackling this project? Here are my thoughts:
  1. Cut all letters out of 1/2" opal acrylic in 2 pieces with the rear one being hollow for rope LED and then glue them together.
I will keep adding to this thread with time and more ideas.

gSFdyA0l.png

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Seems to me it'd be easier to do them from a 1" thick sheet so you don't have to glue them together.
Cut on a CNC router, face down, after routing out a recess for the LEDs. This would enable you to drill precise stud locations, too.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Whats the overall size?

Do you have access to the back?

What effect are you looking for? Halo Lit?

Marlene

sounds like this is more than hobby person should be doing. you are in CA, don't elctrical signs there need to be UL?

printhog

sounds like this is more than hobby person should be doing. you are in CA, don't elctrical signs there need to be UL?

CALIFORNIA LAW REQUIRES YOU BE A LICENSED CONTRACTOR to make or sell electrical signs. Building codes require you be a UL listed manufacturer and fire codes require the finished product have a UL tag to prove it is safe.

THIS ISNT A PROJECT FOR A HOBBYIST.

For more info Contractors State License Board