• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa 160 S2 doesn't start at beginning of roll

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So our 160 S2 does not always scroll the roll to the beginning of the roll. In other words, I load a roll of vinyl to cut, and if I pull out a foot or two to get it straight and tight, and hit the button to load, it doesn't take it up to the beginning, so I have manually roll it back. Is there a setting I am missing for this? I've gone through everything I can.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I haven’t really had this problem as most of our work is barcode related. Do you have the front sensor turned on? At least that way it’ll know where the media starts/ends.

If it’s any consolation, our one is a huge PITA just now. Every now and then I’ll load it, line up the barcode, pull up the lever to drop the rollers and it’ll jiggle it about then chop off the barcode I’ve just loaded. Always seems to be right down the middle of the barcode too. Tech said a month ago it needs a new main board but still no word on when we’ll actually get the tech..

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I haven’t really had this problem as most of our work is barcode related. Do you have the front sensor turned on? At least that way it’ll know where the media starts/ends.

If it’s any consolation, our one is a huge PITA just now. Every now and then I’ll load it, line up the barcode, pull up the lever to drop the rollers and it’ll jiggle it about then chop off the barcode I’ve just loaded. Always seems to be right down the middle of the barcode too. Tech said a month ago it needs a new main board but still no word on when we’ll actually get the tech..

Yeah ours has become cantankerous lately. I have had numerous instances of it running off track with roll vinyl. Using all rollers, even on just 30" rolls. And also my ongoing issue of the stupid thing feeding out WAAY more vinyl than needed for a job. If you have 4 feet of vinyl left on a roll, and need to cut something that's even only 1 foot, you HAVE to take that vinyl off the core, because it wants to pull out more than needed and then the core jams in the back and seizes the plotter up. I've had it happen cutting something only 3 or 4 feet long, with a roll that was at least 8 ft. left on it. Cut half the job, then it decided to pause, feed out another 4 or 5 feet and BAM! Job ruined. I've asked on here already about settings for that, but got no help.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Ours is just intermittently dodgy. My favourite one is when you load a nice fill 50m roll, find the first barcode, wander off then come back and it’s froze during the Stage where it tests the length of the roll and has spit the entirety of the roll out the front end. I do catch it 9/10 times early on now but the first time that happened i had my back to it and just thought it was working away lol.

Do they freeze often or is that just mine? Hoping the new main board will solve my woes lol.

I’ve always found that too. Even reading the barcodes it seems to read a code (so I’m guessing it knows how long the sheet should be) Then pulls out about 1.5x the sheet length before reading the marks. Would love to turn that off.

That and the little song and dance it does whenever you load something new!