• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa 4sx and lamination?

upandup

I have a printing background, but found a new application we purchased a Summa 4sx to pursue. This is a different animal than I'm used to so I'm trying to not make too many mistakes...

My application is small labels (4"x6") that are in a very high traffic situation, so durability is critical. I was hoping the Scratchguard ribbon on the Summa would be ample, but it is not. This puts me in a situation where I am forced to laminate, but this is entirely new to me.

My questions are below:

1. I have to keep the label as thin as possible, so can anyone recommend a laminate that is thin, but very durable? I am using the clear Summa 3m vinyl if that helps. Also, I have heard the Arlon 3220 is good?
2. What's the best way to apply? I have a tight budget for this project, so I need to generate revenues before I pursue a more automated approach. I was thinking the Big Squeegee?
3. This is the one that concerns me the most. The labels have quite a bit of contouring on each of them. Since I have to print then laminate I'm trying to figure out if I can just re-run the plotting back through the 4sx, or if I've got to get a separate plotter?

Thanks for the help