• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa America

Robert Gruner

Perfectpdf,
In years past, Summa Inc (now Airmark) sold the DC Series of wide format thermal resin digital print & cut printers. Sales of these printers have been discontinued by Summa America. It is my understanding that Airmark will continue selling the DC Series printers.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Just wanted to confirm with everyone that we(Airmark) will continue to offer both the DC5sx(30") and DC5(54") thermal printer cutters as well as the print ribbons and media. If anyone has any questions regarding these printers or supplies please feel free to contact me directly at philj@airmark.com or you can reach our sales team by phone at (800)527-7778.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

Beyond 1

Summa USA is now Summa America.... What does that mean to the end user.... Lets see if you have a machine less then a year old trying to get warranty parts. Good luck, All parts in the US are not available, I was told they are on hold because of the buyout. Whats even worse they have to get all the parts now from Europe. (Let me tell you a little back story about my situation). I bought a Summa S2 T series 160 last November. Then in January the main touch screen kept going in and out. I reported it and got a new touch screen right away. (That was the good news, NOW the bad) since then the machine keeps spitting out media in the middle of a job (sometimes forward sometimes reverse) It started doing it every 20th cut job at first. Thinking its a new machine and software, I thought it could be an error from the rip or a corruption in the ai file. but after a few month it start happening more and more. Now its June 1017 and 6am in the morning the cutter decided enough Wass enough and did not cut one job that day.... error after error it ruined vinyl after vinyl..... I called it in again.... They told me it was the main board. Shipped and installed.... Nope that did not fix it. How about the motors on the machine, received motors a few days later nope. Then they said it could be the voltage. (I tried different 3 different outlets, 2 surge protectors, even took a voltage meter and tested the wall, mainboard and all other outlets they made me try. Still nothing at this time my machine was working on and off..... It was weird some times I get a full day out of it, then all of the sudden it will not cut a job for a full day and ruin half or more of vinyl...... (At this time I was dealing with Airmark (summa tech support). They then said it could be the sensors 1 by one I unplugged them to see if that would fix the problem (NO) now lets try the fan unit (NO) Now its August and still its not working properly. half the time it cuts other times it ruins the media. Now on my end I bought a new rip computer and reinstalled all software...... to prove its not a glitch in the file or rip. After all this I was going over the machine with one of the techs from Airmark and noticed the blue tape not the ribbon cable leading to the replacement screen and main board looked like it was peeling so I pulled it out to take a closer look.... the end just fell apart looks like the cable end never had a good seal at the end.... the tech told me to disconnect the display to the main board (trouble is once that happened I cannot do any print and cut, you need the display for the sensors to work and position them over the cut marks.....) I used the machine this way for 3-4 days not 1 error, the tech then told me theres good news and bad news good news they think its the ribbon or the display screen..... the bad Summa got bought out and they cannot send me Andy warranty parts I would have to contact the NEW summa America to proceed. (to be fair Airmark did a great job at this point helping me out, I know its not there fault they got put in this position, they did say if I still have any problems they would help me out the best they can but there an end dealer now) Well I called Summa America and I had to tell them the whole story... again. They said yes sounds like the screen or cable will get you both. Now heres the kicker, they have to get the parts from Europe.... So it will take a week or 2 to get to the states to there main office where they have to go through the parts then they would send it to me. (could be up to 2 - 3 weeks) are you kidding me..... My customers are already SOOOO pissed that my cut schedule is so crazy (working not working for the past 6 months, that one said they need to find a more reliable vendor, so I told them I would buy another machine to make sure if one goes down I have a spare. So on the sept 19th first thing in the morning (if I placed the order in the morning it could be shipped the same day) I ordered a second machine.... On Friday I got a tracking number and was picked up not on Tuesday or wed.... It was picked up end of day Thursday the 21st ( are you kidding me Summa) Now I sent a email to summa for when the warranty parts get in please overnight them as soon as possible. There response was once they get them in they can send 2 day (warranty does not cover over night) funny I didn't see warranty taking up to 3 weeks either on a 10K machine. Now its Sunday the 24th and I'm venting in my anger.... hoping my new machine get here on Tuesday like the tracking says and my warranty parts get here soon after. (the folks at lexjet have been great through this... they stepped up to bat getting to Summa America and getting me the second machine at a GREAT price.) Summa America said they will take care of me when they get settled with there new position. Only time will tell..... hope its not 1 FREE blade... Will keep you updated!!!!

No cutting in AZ

Christian @ 2CT Media

Summa USA is now Summa America.... What does that mean to the end user.... Lets see if you have a machine less then a year old trying to get warranty parts. Good luck, All parts in the US are not available, I was told they are on hold because of the buyout. Whats even worse they have to get all the parts now from Europe. (Let me tell you a little back story about my situation). I bought a Summa S2 T series 160 last November. Then in January the main touch screen kept going in and out. I reported it and got a new touch screen right away. (That was the good news, NOW the bad) since then the machine keeps spitting out media in the middle of a job (sometimes forward sometimes reverse) It started doing it every 20th cut job at first. Thinking its a new machine and software, I thought it could be an error from the rip or a corruption in the ai file. but after a few month it start happening more and more. Now its June 1017 and 6am in the morning the cutter decided enough Wass enough and did not cut one job that day.... error after error it ruined vinyl after vinyl..... I called it in again.... They told me it was the main board. Shipped and installed.... Nope that did not fix it. How about the motors on the machine, received motors a few days later nope. Then they said it could be the voltage. (I tried different 3 different outlets, 2 surge protectors, even took a voltage meter and tested the wall, mainboard and all other outlets they made me try. Still nothing at this time my machine was working on and off..... It was weird some times I get a full day out of it, then all of the sudden it will not cut a job for a full day and ruin half or more of vinyl...... (At this time I was dealing with Airmark (summa tech support). They then said it could be the sensors 1 by one I unplugged them to see if that would fix the problem (NO) now lets try the fan unit (NO) Now its August and still its not working properly. half the time it cuts other times it ruins the media. Now on my end I bought a new rip computer and reinstalled all software...... to prove its not a glitch in the file or rip. After all this I was going over the machine with one of the techs from Airmark and noticed the blue tape not the ribbon cable leading to the replacement screen and main board looked like it was peeling so I pulled it out to take a closer look.... the end just fell apart looks like the cable end never had a good seal at the end.... the tech told me to disconnect the display to the main board (trouble is once that happened I cannot do any print and cut, you need the display for the sensors to work and position them over the cut marks.....) I used the machine this way for 3-4 days not 1 error, the tech then told me theres good news and bad news good news they think its the ribbon or the display screen..... the bad Summa got bought out and they cannot send me Andy warranty parts I would have to contact the NEW summa America to proceed. (to be fair Airmark did a great job at this point helping me out, I know its not there fault they got put in this position, they did say if I still have any problems they would help me out the best they can but there an end dealer now) Well I called Summa America and I had to tell them the whole story... again. They said yes sounds like the screen or cable will get you both. Now heres the kicker, they have to get the parts from Europe.... So it will take a week or 2 to get to the states to there main office where they have to go through the parts then they would send it to me. (could be up to 2 - 3 weeks) are you kidding me..... My customers are already SOOOO pissed that my cut schedule is so crazy (working not working for the past 6 months, that one said they need to find a more reliable vendor, so I told them I would buy another machine to make sure if one goes down I have a spare. So on the sept 19th first thing in the morning (if I placed the order in the morning it could be shipped the same day) I ordered a second machine.... On Friday I got a tracking number and was picked up not on Tuesday or wed.... It was picked up end of day Thursday the 21st ( are you kidding me Summa) Now I sent a email to summa for when the warranty parts get in please overnight them as soon as possible. There response was once they get them in they can send 2 day (warranty does not cover over night) funny I didn't see warranty taking up to 3 weeks either on a 10K machine. Now its Sunday the 24th and I'm venting in my anger.... hoping my new machine get here on Tuesday like the tracking says and my warranty parts get here soon after. (the folks at lexjet have been great through this... they stepped up to bat getting to Summa America and getting me the second machine at a GREAT price.) Summa America said they will take care of me when they get settled with there new position. Only time will tell..... hope its not 1 FREE blade... Will keep you updated!!!!

No cutting in AZ
We are not far from you, if you need help with any jobs we have a flatbed cutter and a summa s2-160t. I'd be glad to help you any way we can! Just shoot me a message and I'll get you our address.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager

No cutting in AZ

Sorry to hear about the difficulty getting parts for your Summa machine. We still stock all replacement parts for Summa cutters should you or any other Summa users need them. We also have the most experienced Summa technicians in the industry that can assist with troubleshooting on older machines and evaluating/refurbishing older machines as well. We also still offer new Summa roll-fed cutters, flatbed cutters, and the DC5 printer cutters and have special loyalty pricing available for customers who have purchased from us in the past. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything that we can do to help out.

Regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation

Beyond 1

We are not far from you, if you need help with any jobs we have a flatbed cutter and a summa s2-160t. I'd be glad to help you any way we can! Just shoot me a message and I'll get you our address.
Thank you very much.... just received my new backup summa today. But it's good to know I can call someone if I'm in a pinch.