• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa Cutter Contol Issue with S160T

natallica

Graphics Guru
Hey guys, first techy question here. I recently discovered our cutter hasn't been updated from the original firmware. Always just used it with OPOS, crossed my fingers and hoped it cut correctly. Mostly tracked off and ruined a ton of media over the years.

Well I did the research, updated the firmware, set up panels, and made a few presets in Cutter Control, and she cuts like a dream now. I can actually walk away from it and come back to a finished cut job that didn't move a 16th of an inch :) Woo Hoo.

My question is, It worked for a few days but when I now open Cutter Control, I select them it initially acts like it wants to go to the different menu configs (Users, User Configs, Info etc.) but then It reverts back to a Summa logo no matter which selection I make. Or I get an Access Violation Error. I can see the console at the bottom saying "Reading Machine-Info" and the blue bar moves and gets a little longer...then nothing. Then sometimes the program freezes only to be killed using Windows Task Manager.

All of my presets are on the machine still so I can select different profiles, but on Cutter Control, it only says Users 1-4 and then I get a Summa logo and the screen is empty. No usability like I once had. I've uninstalled re-installed the software, the device drivers, the device from Windows...still the same thing. Latest Firmware, newest available driver, and Cutter Control software.

Not sure whats going on, has anyone seen this before? If so, how can I remedy the situation

Thx in advance!
-N8

Have you checked the communication settings on the plotter, maybe somebody else messed with them? Make sure SCC and the plotter both show the same port settings?

natallica

Graphics Guru
Have you checked the communication settings on the plotter, maybe somebody else messed with them? Make sure SCC and the plotter both show the same port settings?

I just changed all of the port settings to USB 2 in SCC and on the cutter panel. All seems to be working now.

Thx, I was chasing my tail quite a bit. Not sure if there was some kind of IRQ conflict (Rare / Impossible using USB) but something was awry.

Thanks again for the heads up. Much appreciated!

-N8

natallica

Graphics Guru
Just wanted to update this thread.
Having SCC and Flexi Cloud Production Manager open at the same time is a nightmare. SCC won't function at all with PM opened at the same time.

natallica

Graphics Guru
They are using the same resources and causing a overwriting conflict
Yeah, what sucks is it only took me 3 months of tinkering to figure that one out. :)
Wondering why one day it works, the next day it doesn't...then it finally hit me. DUH!

Joe House

You should be able to have Production Manager open as long as it's barcode server is not running. Turn it off in Flexi and give it a try.

Good Luck