• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D120 fuse place

FaneDuru

Our Summa D120 cannot be powered ON. The cable is OK, but something connected with the cutter itself looks to be.
So I am looking for its fuse and I cannot see it. I was expecting to be somewhere ease to see it but I do not see any.
I replaced the plastic cover on the power connector side and no fuse there also...

Thanks in advance!

FrankW

The fuse on a D120 is near to the power socket/power switch (see attached picture).

Unfortunately, if a SummaCUT can't be powered on, mostly the power supply itself is the reason. I'm nearly shure, if you measure the fuses, they will be ok.

Attachments

• summa-plotter.jpg
    summa-plotter.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 360

FaneDuru

The fuse on a D120 is near to the power socket/power switch (see attached picture).

Unfortunately, if a SummaCUT can't be powered on, mostly the power supply itself is the reason. I'm nearly shure, if you measure the fuses, they will be ok.

Thank you!
I was not looking for such an appearance...
The fuse is not OK. It is burned but it is very improbable to be burned without o short-circuit after it...
I intend to solder a very thing wire just to see if it is immediately burned (or not...) and identify the power supply. If I can see any swollen capacitor or diodes I can measure maybe I will try to repair it. If not, (most probably) we must buy a new one.

Now, can you suggest a site selling such a device?

Tanks in advance!

FaneDuru

I did as I said and the fuse was immediately burned (with a small flame)...
So I need to check the power supply.
If somebody is able to recommend a site where such a device is sold, this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

FaneDuru

You you have a summa dealer around? They should have it on stock. Providers as www.digiprint-supplies.com have them too.
No, we do not have a summa dealer around...
I tried to repair the damaged power supply device. I found a 2.0A ULTRA-FAST RECTIFIER in short-circuit and two resistors presenting signs of over heating.
I replaced the rectifier and the power supply works. I tested with (1.5 A) and without consumer.
Its output is 30V dc loaded or not. But I measured some times the overheated resistors and their values are different measuring it from time to time, meaning that I cannot count on them any more. Unfortunately they have been so burned that all the marking rings disappeared. The electrical drawing is complex and it is very difficult to deduce/calculate their initial value...
I took a power supply picture and if it happens somebody still have the damaged one or he is able to look at it on the machine I will very much appreciate to receive that resistors values or their marking ring colors...
I attach the relevant picture positioning the necessary resistors...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Power Supply.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 282
Last edited:

FaneDuru

Not necessary information about resistors, any more.
I found on the board a Zener diode (5V) and I calibrated the two resistors to obtain on it that 5V.
I mounted the repaired power supply and our machine works perfectly.