• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa D140 has mind of its own HELP!

Bababooey

I have a Summa D140. We run labels and stickers on it using FlexiPrint. When sending to cut we designate the Kiss Cut and the Flexcut. Every 10 to 15 runs we do the cutter will decide to cut the kiss cut as a flex cut. Im not sure what causes this, if the knife is getting stuck or what. Yesterday we ran 5 sheets 54inch wide by 42inchs long, on the third run it decided it wanted to cut kiss cuts as flex cuts, we changed nothing. We went back and looked at settings and all the same. Its very frustrating and ruins the whole sheet. I contacted my dealer who says contact Summa who says contact the dealer, you know the stellar customer service once the product is sold.

Any help on this would be appreciated or if this has happened to anyone else. Its not as if we don't know how to use it or we change the settings, as I said we can run 14 jobs fine and then 1 will just mess up. We have settings in Flexi default to cutter so we don't have to change pressure or flex settings in program.

jessica pappalardo

Onyx tech needed!!
I have a Summa D140. We run labels and stickers on it using FlexiPrint. When sending to cut we designate the Kiss Cut and the Flexcut. Every 10 to 15 runs we do the cutter will decide to cut the kiss cut as a flex cut. Im not sure what causes this, if the knife is getting stuck or what. Yesterday we ran 5 sheets 54inch wide by 42inchs long, on the third run it decided it wanted to cut kiss cuts as flex cuts, we changed nothing. We went back and looked at settings and all the same. Its very frustrating and ruins the whole sheet. I contacted my dealer who says contact Summa who says contact the dealer, you know the stellar customer service once the product is sold.

Any help on this would be appreciated or if this has happened to anyone else. Its not as if we don't know how to use it or we change the settings, as I said we can run 14 jobs fine and then 1 will just mess up. We have settings in Flexi default to cutter so we don't have to change pressure or flex settings in program.
I purchased a 28,000 printer/materials in June, since Date of arrival the printer has not worked. The Manufactuer is offering to replace it brand new, however they supplied me with contact information for other Summa Printer owners who advised me to run from this product as they all experienced the same faulty issues with their units. I have everything in writing from summa and believe this product is a nation wide issue with their owners. Does this qualify for a class action lawsuit or any suit as they are selling damaged printers. I have 3 other contacts with different models but the same issues. 909-418-1324