• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D160R accuracy problem

bigben

Hi, I've never had this kind of problem before. I have a Summa D160R. I'm making some small print and cut stickers. The circles are 1.5in in diameter and imposed them in a 12in X 12 in square (7 units wide X 7 units high). Then I print four of those square on a 54in material. As you can see in the picture, somme of them are ok and other have a variance up to 1/16. I'm using the barcode function for this but my print is strait when I take the ruler.

What should I check to correct this.

Attachments

• 20190418_112331.jpg
    20190418_112331.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 300

gabagoo

It may have misread one of the crop marks is all I can think of. Mine has done that usually when I am not watching and it somehow finds a crop mark that is not there...sometimes it actually picks up the edge of laminate as the mark.

bigben

Is it the feed direction? If so do the line test and measure it i bet its off. Mine was

If it was just a vinyl cut, I would understand. But here, it read the marks, then cut accordingly. So It should not be the problem.

It may have misread one of the crop marks is all I can think of. Mine has done that usually when I am not watching and it somehow finds a crop mark that is not there...sometimes it actually picks up the edge of laminate as the mark.

I confirm it read the right marks. I've printed 20 squares like this and the results are mixed on the 4 squares on the 54in wide.

Could it be the cutting strip? I don't feel any bump or mark on it.

bigben

So I've cleaned the cutting strip and pinch wheels and it help alot. It's not perfect, but it is now a sellable item.

DonutSlinger

I had similar issues with a Graphtec FC7000-MK2. I found that if the crop marks were not properly straight to the machine, this issue would show up to a lesser or greater degree to the crop marks being skewed. I know it corrects for this, but I found if it was more than X amount off this would happen.

Have you checked that the marks are as close to square when starting the job?

bigben

I had similar issues with a Graphtec FC7000-MK2. I found that if the crop marks were not properly straight to the machine, this issue would show up to a lesser or greater degree to the crop marks being skewed. I know it corrects for this, but I found if it was more than X amount off this would happen.

Have you checked that the marks are as close to square when starting the job?

The cut is more accurate on each side of the cutter than the center. With cleaning the strip, I have a variant around or less than 1/32 now. When the cutter scan the two first square (right bottom and right top), it found it immediately. Then it goes on the next point witch is the top right one, and it search the point for just 1/2 second. The last one (left bottom) is found immediately.